2 Apr 2007

Time for a binge?

Well, why not?!


I've been inspired by the Book Binge as started by MaryP. Basically, I shall record all books I read during April. This may be embarrassing, but who cares anyway!


April 1 was devoted to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and today I'm spending time with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. You can probably predict what's up next. I've also been dipping into Nigella Lawson's How to be a Domestic Goddess, as I'm considering what sweet treat to produce this afternoon.


We had a good weekend away down the coast. The main purpose of the visit was to support my friends in the Relay for Life, in memory of our friend Kim. It was great seeing (nearly) everyone together again, and I wish we could have been part of the event. Next year.


It was also nice spending time with my Dad. It's been around 2 months since Mum went to England, so he's been spending lots of time on his own. We provided some noise in the house, cooked a roast pork dinner (with the best crackling I have ever ever made), and re-stocked the biscuit jar. We also planted some broad beans in the garden, which should grow themselves, and visited the park;


We came home via a different route this time, off the freeway and through Nerriga and Braidwood. I enjoyed this road much more, although since I didn't drive much, I guess I can't talk that much. The freeway to Canberra is incredibly boring, and this way we saw cattle and houses and crops and sheep and bush... much better!




No comments: