26 Apr 2007

Small things...

can make a difference in your happiness.





This isn't exactly a small thing, but it's making me happy.

The clothes dryer has been sitting on the floor in the laundry since we moved in. Now I have room for the clotheshorse to remain in the laundry. Nice!

It's getting steadily cooler here, and I turned our heating on for the first time on Tuesday. I think we have a warm house, but it needs the sunshine to warm up during the day. So, being a newcomer to central heating, I've been trying to figure out how much it will cost us. The first estimate is $1/hour. Hmmm. I guess it's not that much, but last year (in sunny Sydney) we actually didn't notice a winter increase in our electricity bills.

So, instead, I got the flannelette sheets out. Here is Annabelle's bed, ready for slumber. No, it doesn't match. I realised that last winter, Annabelle was still sleeping in her cot. Fortunately, Lucas had 2 sets of sheets. Looks like more shopping, and I better get knitting on Lucas' bedsocks.

1 comment:

Kylie said...

I'm soooo excited about winter coming. I am already using my electric blanket.

It is 16 degrees here today and i am loving it.

Have a goodweekend!