29 Apr 2007

Rainy weekend

We've had some rain this weekend - reason for celebration given our state of drought. My thoughts are turning to grey water hoses, and tulips. Not that the tulips will help with water usage, but I believe it's cold enough here to get some flowers come spring. Exciting.



I'm having a little trouble with motivation. DH has taken the kids out both Saturday and Sunday, and I simply couldn't decide what I wanted to do. I'm vulnerable to depression right now, and I can feel it hovering just outside the door, so to speak.



The rain has washed the leaves off our lovely red tree *now known to be a Claret Ash* out the back - quite a different look now. We've also had a visitor to our bird feeder - a sulphur crested cockatoo. It's a terrible photo, but we were inside, and very excited.... I'm sure he'll return for more seed :)


And finally, it's been a very satisfying end to the World Cup - Australia were unbeaten in the entire World Cup tournament, emerging as Champions of the World!!!!

3 comments:

mohairpink said...

Yeah, but that's because nobody else was really tryin'
heh heh heh.

Leah said...

But we were, and that's what matters :)

Corrie said...

hi there

I'm a canberra girl myself so love your blog and hearing about weather in canberra....I remember winter well!

I actually sell frenchy if you go to retro mummy shop I've just reordered some more which will be here in 2 weeks

it is branching out! I love it but it was tricky for me and my beginner lace knitting ability! it took 6 goes to get it started but I really love it and once you can see the pattern you're on a roll!