17 Apr 2007

More birds...



I believe this is a King parrot - spectacular birds which seem to feed silently. We had 3 at the very top of a tree out the back this afternoon (hence the poor photo.) They seemed quite calm, and didn't fly away despite small children yelling "Mummy, there's a bird" underneath them.

I've had a great day. We spent most of it visiting my newly found old friend and her children. We were there around 5 hours, and there were no arguments or disagreements or violence (all too common in playgrounds etc). It was so nice to hang out with a friend. And we're meeting up again next week :)

On the knitting front, I've pulled out all progress on the Jaywalker socks, and am rethinking them. I've also rolled a ball out of a skein of cashmere/cotton sock wool from Posh yarn (there's probably a technical term for this, but I don't know what it is - it took an hour!)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hello! This is my first time visiting your blog--you have a great one! Love seeing all your creations. Seeing your lemon curd reminds me I've not made any in a while--must remedy that! And this King Parrot is soooo beautiful--I've never seen such a backyard bird like that before...Happy Days! :o)