16 Apr 2007

Hang it Out



In response to Janet's meme, here's our laundry. This photo was taken just after Annabelle was born, and is a family photo, showing all our socks, against a background of Annabelle's bunny (kitty?) rug. It's not photographically good, but I like it because it captured that time in our lives. We were living in a new subdivision in a country town, which meant there were no trees. Fortunately, we were only a block away from the bush, where we would see kangaroos daily on our afternoon walks. No trees was actually great for laundry - I remember one (slightly compulsive) day when the washing was in and dry by 11am. By 3pm, I did another load and it dried just as quickly. This meant in a house with 2 cloth nappied kids, the only used nappies were the ones on the kids - a triumph!

3 comments:

Janet said...

that's a beautiful photo Leah, full of lovely light and interesting angles. And the best thing, it says something about a time in your life.

And I can relate to those slightly compulsive days with the washing!

VictoriaE said...

Hello there, just stalking fellow washingliners..
Your blog name is brilliant! I'm sure there's a story behind it.
I used to love seeing really little baby stuff on my clothesline. Your photo is great.

VictoriaE said...

Oh and I love the Mitford books.