25 Sep 2006

Crafty Monday...

We've started the week on a crafty note. I'm an enthusiastic subscriber to Kids Craft Weekly, and this week's theme is "Underwater". We've started off by painting a box to act as 'The Sea' and have made crabs. They're all drying currently, and Lucas suggested we watch 'Finding Nemo' because 'we'll see the sea, Mummy.' Why not?!

While we were outside painting (we all always paint outside - it's a rented house), I heard rustling in the bushes. That slow rustle that is usually reptilian in nature. So I checked it out, and was delighted to see reptilian legs attached to this 30cm long body;
It's the back end of a Blue Tongue Lizard, a common garden inhabitant. What a relief.

4 comments:

Prof. Me said...

I swear you guys have the strangest beasts and bugs down there!

I would FREAK OUT if I saw something like that in my yard! And I have a relatively wildlife-friendly yard!

Leah said...

Show us some of your wild locals - even birds! Blue tongues are actually good news since they eat snails, but yes, they bring out my primitive side...

Rodolfo N said...

A very good blog!!
Kesses for Argentina

Anonymous said...

Would love to see how your crabs and ocean diarama turned out! If you have any photos please send them in for the Kids Craft Weekly photo gallery!

Cheers,

Amber
editor@kidscraftweekly.com