21 Feb 2006

Knitting class 2 .... the jumper begins!

Well, I've had my second knitting class, and it is going well. I managed to complete my first week's homework, and now have lots of scarfs for Little People hanging around the house.

Last night in the second class, we started to knit our jumpers. Check this out;















I'm easily impressed, I guess, but wow! I've grown up with my sister fobbing people off by saying "I'll just finish this row..." and now I understand. I was saying it to the kids today. It's actually not ideal knitting around 2 curious toddlers. DD likes to bite the ball of wool, and DS likes to hold the needles with me.

I took the kids to storytime at the library yesterday. It was a new reader, and she was dreadful! She was so busy giving asides to the story, and laughing at the kids antics that the whole thing took an hour. She was also saying things like 'line up in 2 nice straight lines... oh no I've changed my mind... sit down and cross your arms.." This will not work with pre-school children. I know from experience, that waffling and changing plans doesn't work with high school children either. In fact, I think she was just useless at the task. Hopefully, things will improve next week. (we attend a different library on Thursdays, where things are always well done.)

I'll leave you with a photo of the kids and a large stuffed Lindt reindeer that I won;

2 comments:

Prof. Me said...

I'll ask the obvious question here: what the heck are you going to do with that HUGE stuffed reindeer? I think if that were in my house, one day I would just have to tell Nathan that it "ran away...!"

Great job on the knitting! Looks awesome so far. You have a lot of talent, young lady!

Leah said...

Well, yes. The reindeer is very cute, very snuggly and has a great bell. When we move at the end of the year, he won't be coming too, but I think we'll keep the bell :)